At Top and Left
Hiding Toolbars During Preview or Editing
- At the left side of the screen.
- Manage global settings.
- Apply to the current page, or all pages.
- Hide all section tools.
- Hide itself.
- At the top of each section.
- Manage current section.
- Apply to current section.
- Turn app on and off.
- Toggle edit mode.
- Toggle global toolbar.
- Available in some sections.
- Toggle button to switch toolbars.
- Toggle on to edit.
- Toggle off when done.
Where are Data and Images Saved
A Database in Your Browser
- IndexedDB by name
- Storage space is large enough for texts
- Export to and import from plain text backup online.
- Not intended for images, especially on mobile devices
- Integrated media library with online file storage
Benefits of Exporting to Local File
- page loads faster
- normal web page without editor
- can have more sections on the same page if you need to.
Link to Local Images
- can link to images on your computer
- internal use
- self-sufficient package
- compressed and sent to another user for browsing without server
Preparation for True Local Presentation
- You can download static files and unzip to a folder on your computer.
- The local images used in your presentation should be saved under images folder.
- The images linked from a server will only work with internet connection. You can open the exported file with internet connection, and then save the page as a complete web page. The browser will download the images and save all the resources required under a subfolder.
Export to Local File
- Find the global toolbar by hovering on the left edge of the screen. If you are using a mobile device, you may need to tap on the left edge to show the toolbar.
- Click on the page setting (file) button to show the page setting options.
- Now click on the grid icon at the top of the option window. You will see a new set of tabs.
- Click on Export Webpage tab. You should see a big button (Download Webpage) at the bottom of the form. Click the button and choose where to save your file.
- Your project folder should have folders js, css, images and have the resources required to view the page.
- If the exported file is saved under a subfolder of the project folder, you can specify the nesting level before export. For example, if the file will be saved under talk/2019/new-idea.html, you can specify a nesting level of 2 for the links to work properly.
- The download button is not available on mobile devices. If you are using a mobile device, you can copy and paste the page code to another app, or paste to an online service.
What People Say About It
Creating More With Less
Exporting Finished Page for Local Viewing
This tutorial provides step to step guide on how to export page for local browsing.
If you have completed all the exercises in this tutorial, you should have made the following achievements:
- know where to find section toolbar and global toolbar.
- understand the folder structure of a web page for local presentation
- know how to export webpage
Well done. You will acquire new skills and explore new features in other tutorials. Stay tuned.
About Go and Talk Page Builders
Go and Talk page builder is a lightweight web design tool running in the browser. It empowers designers and marketers to create presentable pages quickly without coding. It is optimized for running on mobile devices such as tablets. The generated web pages are responsive, lightweight and optimized for search engines.